Carrots are loaded with beta-carotene, which is in high demand when you’re breastfeeding. These bright orange veggies are also a healthy source of carbohydrates, which can boost your potassium levels!
With that being said, our breastfeeding support team at Full Circle Health Care has the perfect recipe for all you lactating mamas out there. Not only can this delicious dish aid in boosting your milk supply, it can also help you shed some of those extra pregnancy pounds!
Raw Carrot Pasta Salad with Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce
For the carrot pasta:
- 5 large carrots, peeled and spiraled into noodles
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
For the Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-Kosher salt to taste
To Prepare the Ginger-Lime Peanut Sauce:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until
smooth and creamy.
To Prepare the carrot pasta:
1. Wash carrots well, peel them and pat them dry.
2. Using your spiral slicer, make noodles out of all of the carrots. It will be more difficult to make the noodles once there is only a
few inches of carrot left, so you can grate what’s left of the
3. Place all carrot noodles into a large serving bowl. Pour the
ginger-lime peanut sauce over the noodles and gently toss
4. Serve with roasted cashews (or peanuts) and freshly chopped
If you don't have a spiral slicer, you can simply grate the carrots with a box grater.
Makes 4 Servings
Calories per serving: 121
Total fat: 8g
Vitamin A: 152%
Vitamin C: 10%
Whether you're a first-time mom or a seasoned parent, nursing your infant can often come with its fair share of questions.
Our lactation consultants at Full Circle Health Care can help all mothers get the answers they're searching for when it comes to breastfeeding. CLICK HERE to learn more!
--Your Full Circle Health Care Team